SHOW ME

Thursday, July 20, 2006

In The Name Of Spam

A dead-end spamvertising site found its way here four times last night to offer me variations on the following message:

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative. I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it. I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors. If you have a moment, please visit my adventures site. Have a great week!
A WHOIS search for the guilty party didn't offer much help. From the home page of Mr. Adventure Man's domain registrar:
Did you know that for each domain name you register, anyone - anywhere, anytime - can find out your name, home address, phone number and email address?

The law requires that the personal information you provide with every domain you register be made public in the "WHOIS" database. Your identity becomes instantly available - and vulnerable - to spammers, scammers, prying eyes and worse.

But now there's a solution: [REGISTRAR NAME.]
I'll be moderating comments from here on out.

No comments: