SHOW ME

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Follow the Rolling Ball

TV In Japan made me a huge fan of the Japanese kids' show Pythagoras Switch - not of their whole show but of the Rube Goldberg contraptions they build and deploy as interstitials. The rest of the show has some funny sketches and pleasingly minimalist animations but I just don't have that kind of time.

If you wanted to take over the world and everyone was like me, however, you wouldn't need to bother with Big Brother or Soma. All you would have to do is devise a series of intricate Rube Goldberg contraptions and I would be rendered powerless. If you think you are not like me in this regard you must watch the montages of Pythagoras Switch contraptions to make sure you know what a really good Rube Goldberg contraption is like. Those folks seem to invent radically new devices with every machine and have me shaking my head in disbelief at frequent intervals.





If you considered those thirteen minutes wasted then I guess you will be one of the overlords.

No comments: