SHOW ME

Friday, May 18, 2007

Now Blogging at Geekdad and Sandbox World

I'm thrilled to report that I've recently been accepted as a contributor to two blogs, and I wanted to mention them to TiP readers.

Geekdad is the amazing new Wired blog that features DIY projects and other great techy stuff for dads to do with their kids. You can read my rundown of the great Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera there, and I'll be posting about more tech-related parent-child projects there in the near future. They even have Asha Dornfest of Parenthacks onboard as a lone Geekmom. I've really enjoyed watching this new blog grow, and am thrilled to be a part of it.


Sandbox World is a prolific animation, illustration, comics and cartooning blog. Lead blogger Tony Medeiros probably looks at more stuff before breakfast than most of us do all day, and that makes Sandbox World a treasure trove of visual media, with an emphasis on reaching kids through comics.

My first post, a discussion of Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis coming to the big screen, posted today. Tony sent me a link to some more clips since it posted, and they've really taken Satrapi's animation a step further with the film's textures and the inky depth of its black expanses. You can read my writeup here, and check out those extra clips here, here, and here.