Think In Pictures is now accepting submissions (links only, please) of calendars which feature the work of living, non-media-saturated artists in any medium. You are welcome - nay, encouraged! - to nominate your own calendar, or that of someone you know personally. The judges (and there will be several) will give preference, but not overwhelming preference, to calendars which are self-published by emerging artists, and no demerits are given for calendars published through print-on-demand services, or for calendars which are hastily put together only after reading this call. We welcome submissions which feature reproductions of any art form.
Please do not recommend or send links to calendars which meet any of the following criteria:
- Straight landscape photography (you know who you are)
- Straight nature photography (you know who you are)
- Photographs which might be confused with PowerPoint backgrounds
- Photographs of children who are all smiling
- Photographs of children who are all crying
- Photographs of children who are all in your living room
- Photographs of babies by Anne Geddes
- Calendars commissioned or sponsored by a public utility
- Hand-tinted black-and-white photographs
- Photographs paired with poems
- Calendars which are not available for purchase for 2007
- Calendars which even you would get tired of looking at
Submit nominations to calendarcontest [at] gmail [dot] com.
Additionally, please consider posting a link to or recapping this information in any place on the Internet - photography message boards, blogs, websites, whatever - where you think artists who produce calendars might congregate to scheme and plot their calendrical activities. You and I may think that everyone in the world reads this blog, but we are wrong.